This is a tightly-rolled bundle of dried and fermented tobacco leaf rolled in a series of types and sizes and it is ignited so that its smoke may be drawn into the mouth. Cigar tobacco is grown in large quantities in Brazil, Cameroon, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Indonesia, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Canary Islands, Italy and the Eastern united States.
Top cigars brands on the market
- My Father Le Bijou 1922 Torpedo Box Pressed: Original brand created by Jaime Garcia to honor his father Pepin. Another year later Pepin decides to honor his own father with an offshoot brand by the name My Father Le Bijou 1992 which are darker and stronger. The blend happens to be Nicaraguan from top to bottom showcasing Cuban-seed wrappers called Oscuro by Garcia family.
- Valentia Cigars: Type of cigar where performance and perfection are brought together. Valentia Cigars are made of finest tobacco leaves from fertile Cibao valley in the Dominican Republic where they are harvested, aged and hand-rolled by master Torcedores.
- Ramon Allones: Founded in 1837 and oldest brand still in production and credited as the first manufacturer to decorate its boxes with ornate branded labels. It’s also a cigar that fans of the full-bodied tobacco tend to reach for for it’s rich in history as it is in flavor. Ramons Allones is a Cuban cigar.
- Cao Flat Head: Well loaded with surprisingly rich complex tobacco, it’s big, blocky with the flattest head ever seen on a premium cigar. Cao Flat Head V660 Carb is one of the most bulkiest cigars in this line of the Cao Flathead made by general cigar Co. in Nicaragua.
- Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Belicoso: Cameroon high-quality wrapper paper tends to be expensive rough in appearance thus not many cigar brands using it but the Fuente family doesn’t seem to mind after they hit the 2015 market with no better expression of Cameroon wrapper on the Don Carlos Belisco.
- Padron Family Reserve 50 Years Natural: Jose Orlando Padron began selling fumas-style cigars for 25 cents a piece in Miami and he turns out to be one of the most respected men I the premium cigar industry.
- Illusione Ultra Op. No. 9: When it was first released by the brand owner Dion Giolito, it was the most full-bodied cigars he had ever blended. The cigar came in near-black wrappers big and box-pressed made in Honduras. That was three years ago and Giolito has made changes.
These are some of the top most cigars in the premium cigar market. You should buy a few brand before finding your unicorn because there are many more brands than this. Traveling to Cuba or south America will give you a wider perspective about cigars.